Covered California Plans
Covered California is the only place for Californians to get federal assistance to help buy health insurance from major health insurance companies, such as Blue Shield, Anthem, Kaiser and more. That means you may qualify for a discount on a health plan through Covered California, or get health insurance through the state’s Medi-Cal program, depending on your yearly household income. Either way, you’ll have great health coverage.
Financial Assistance with Your Health Insurance
Premium assistance to help reduce the cost of health care is available to individuals and families who enroll in a Covered California health insurance plan and meet certain income requirements.
Even though premium assistance is a tax credit, it is available to eligible consumers whether or not they have filed taxes for the previous year. However, to receive it, individuals must confirm that they will file taxes for the year that they will be enrolled in a Covered California plan and will be receiving the premium assistance. It is only available for health plans purchased through Covered California or other federally operated or state-operated marketplaces. To be eligible for premium assistance, an individual must:
· Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national or a lawfully present immigrant buying coverage through Covered California.
· Have an annual household income between 138 percent and 400 percent* of the federal poverty level (FPL). Estimate your FPL here.
· Not be eligible for other public health coverage** — including full-scope Medi-Cal, premium-free Medicare Part A or military coverage.
· Not have access to affordable, minimum-value health insurance through an employer.
Carriers That You Know
From Blue Shield to Kaiser, HealthNet, Anthem and more, you’ll have a choice of buying insurance from at least two but as many as six private insurance companies, depending on where you live. The vast majority of Covered California consumers have access to insurance plans from at least three different companies. Each plan offers products in multiple metal tiers (or coverage levels), which vary whether you want to pay more for your monthly premium and less when you use care, or pay less for your premium and more when you use care. Consumers with limited incomes may learn they qualify for Medi-Cal.
Partnered with Good Circle Insurance for Your Health Plan
Here's three reasons why getting a health plan through us is smart.
1. You use our services for free. Agents make money through commissions that are already factored into the cost of every health insurance plan, no matter where you buy it or whether an agent was involved. A plan never costs more just because you choose to buy with an agent. When you understand the benefits of shopping through a licensed agent – and the fact that you don’t have to pay more for using an agent – it’s easy to see why shopping with an agent is the smart way to go.
2. Agents make it easy to understand your options. Unless you have a real passion for fine print and health insurance terminology, it’s not always easy to understand what you’re seeing when comparing health insurance options. Licensed health insurance agents, like us, live and breathe this stuff every day, and we’re specially trained to help you understand how plans differ from one another and how your coverage will actually work in the real world.
3. We are your advocates even after you enroll. An agent is there for you even after you buy a new health insurance plan. We can help you re-shop each year during the Obamacare open enrollment period, or whenever big life changes happen and you need to update your coverage. What’s more, we can serve as your advocate with the insurance company when you have questions about benefits or about how a medical claim was processed.